Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hedwig and the Angry Inch, plus a pre-rant

I have written up my review of Hedwig and the Angry over at my other blog. It's a rock musical. There's drag. Just go read the review and watch the damn movie.

I really should be asleep right now, but here's my teeny tiny little preamble for the rant that will probably come within the next 24 hours: people seriously need to learn how to make decent comparisons. It's like how people always Godwin arguments. The only times such extreme comparisons should be made is when the situation itself is similarly extreme. I mean, it's like saying a VW bug is exactly like a tank because they are both vehicles. Perspective, people. Please go get some.

More on this later.

1 comment:

  1. You know who else didn't have perspective? Nazis that's who.

    Necessary smartassery out of the way, I'm interested to see where you go with this. Personally I wonder if Hitler will ever be replaced in my lifetime as the big blatant evil everyone falls back on.

    ReplyDelete